Many years ago, when I was a different person, I was seriously in love with a man I loved to cook and bake for. I felt like if I did things that a perfect girlfriend would do, then he’d see that I could be a perfect wife, too.
But my plan failed miserably. However, I’m still left with a recipe for these delicious, drool-worthy Mocha Chip Cookies!
My then-boyfriend had an affinity for Taylor Swift, so when I read an article that said Taylor Swift made Mocha Chip Cookies, I found a recipe, and whipped them up, immediately.
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 pound of margarine
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of espresso, coffee, or cappuccino powder mix with 2 tablespoons of hot water
- 18 ounces of chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts (or hazelnuts are good, too)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In a mixer, beat the margarine, sugars, chocolate syrup, and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beat until smooth (about 5 minutes). Add in the dry ingredients, coffee mixture, chocolate chips, and nuts. Mix by hand with a wooden spoon until mixed.
- Drop on a baking sheet by rounded teaspoons, about 2-inches apart, and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool — if possible — and eat!
Crap. I have almost all of that at the house right now.
Make it! So goooooood.