I am SO excited to share today’s review for several reasons. For one, it’s a marshmallow mask — that’s kind of festive, right? Marshmallow, candy, Halloween… I tried.
Let me just get right into it. I have loved the Bliss brand for many years. I was initially attracted to their bright packaging and witty messaging, and I bought (and used) several of their Fat Girl Slim products over the years, along with body wash, lotions, face scrubs, and even makeup.
I even visited their spa in Chicago and got a pedicure and a lip plumping (injection-free) procedure!
But, when they rebranded EVERYTHING… I was unsure. This rebrand included taking everything off the shelves, discontinuing a lot of products, renaming things (I can see how Fat Girl Slim is likely not a winner in today’s political climate), and reducing their price points. Instead of only being in high-end stores, Bliss is now sold in Target.
I kept seeing the new stuff in Ulta and I just wondered if the quality would be the same. The brand colors are still the same and many of the same scents are still there. I came close to buying a few things during sales, but never did.
Until recently, I found a kit I couldn’t pass up, and it included a full-size jar of the Mighty Marshmallow Bright & Radiant Whipped Mask. Here’s the product info from the Bliss website:
This airy whipped mask – with a brightening boost of marshmallow root extract – delivers a surge of hydration to instantly reveal a new luminosity.
- Revives dull, lackluster skin and delivers a fresh, “lit from within” glow
- Visibly smooths uneven skin tone and discoloration
- Hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested
- Cruelty-free, vegan
- Marshmallow Root Extract: Delivers a surge of hydration to balance skin and prevent dullness and dehydration
- Vitamin C Powerhouse Blend: Packs a triple threat against uneven skin with ascorbic acid and potent vitamin C derivatives
- Olive Leaf Extract: Rich in antioxidants, this plant extract hydrates, noticeably plumps and helps limit water loss
- Lime, Lemon, Pine and Eucalyptus Oils: Blend of purifying fruit and herbal oils acts as a natural toner to help remove toxins that can weigh skin down
- Zinc PCA: Known to help reduce excess oil while calming redness
I’ve used this mask at least five times… and let me just say… this is the BOMB! The texture is on point, it smells wonderful, it feels great on the skin — I owe Bliss a straight up apology for sleeping on their rebranded products!
Okay, so the texture. It’s not sticky like a marshmallow, but it’s very fluffy and light. It isn’t drying or itchy and it leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturized.
It’s $15 for a jar of the stuff, which will last awhile — definitely worth it. Technically, the Mighty Marshmallow mask is to help your skin glow, but the reviews on the website tout many benefits. I just love the way my skin feels afterward, which is enough of a selling point for me!
This also makes me want to try some of the other Bliss masks including the Pumpkin Powerhouse exfoliating mask, Mint-Chip Mania cooling mask, What-a-Melon overnight mask, and In the Honey moisturizing mask.
Take all of my money, Bliss!
For more beauty reviews, be sure to subscribe to the blog (look to the right) and follow me on Instagram @Orangejulius7 – where I share more of my daily life. Need help with your blog? I can help with all of your digital marketing efforts – just let me know!