Last year, I was really inspired by a special yoga session I went to where we were celebrating the full moon by performing 108 sun salutations. I don’t think I realized how much work that is until about halfway through the process, but I was so glad I did it.
The yoga instructor talked about how a full moon can often bring new energy and a sense of renewal. So, I wanted to learn more about the moon cycles and crystals and any associated rituals.
So, when I was creating my vision board for 2020, I came across an article in Cosmopolitan magazine that listed all of the Eclipses, Transits and Mercury Retrogrades. I ripped it out and put it in my planner and marked several of the dates on my calendar.
This is how I know that TODAY Mercury is in retrograde and the moon is in Cancer, which means we shouldn’t take anything personally. This retrograde will last until July 12… so wow.
I figured now’s as good a time as any to figure out how to survive these next three weeks. According to The Whispers of the Hummingbird on Youtube, suggests we jump right into the energy of Mercury, which means moving a little slower than usual. Some of her other tips include:
- Being present & practice breath work to come back to ourselves
- Respond vs. react to situations
- Communicate your needs & your desires
- Do not let negative emotions fester
- Expect the past to make a return
- Don’t get caught up in distractions
I also stumbled up an older article about surviving retrograde based on your zodiac sign. I am a Cancer, and it says: Be careful about anything you do when it comes to work — look over everything you do twice to avoid mishaps and don’t consider starting any big new projects until Mercury retrograde is over. You can reflect on past work to learn from your mistakes, but don’t put too much energy into something new.
Mercury rules travel, communication and expression, which is why you’re likely already experiencing problems with your phone or your internet. Here are some other general tips for surviving retrograde:
- Back up all of your files and anything important
- Don’t sweat the small stuff (remember to breathe)
- Don’t sign any contracts (if you can avoid it)
- Don’t plan any new travel… easy during these COVID times
- Read the fine print, just to be sure
- Get a second opinion
- Go with the flow… and slow down
- Be prepared for anything // expect the unexpected
- Clear out anything that’s no longer serving you
- Try to stay positive
- Make time to relax
So… it’s going to be okay, but things will feel different and weird for awhile. Ha, as if they don’t already! I’m going to break out the sage and my crystals. Happy retrograde!
To see more writing from me, be sure to subscribe to The Bitter Lemon by clicking “subscribe” on the right side of your screen. Want even more? Subscribe to my newsletter to get roundups, book recs and lifestyle tips.