What’s on my DVR?
For some reason, I feel like I’ve done a pretty good job of hiding the fact that I’m a TV junkie… not sure HOW I was able to hide it (hell, maybe I haven’t), but I’m here to assure you, it’s true. I’m a TV junkie.
I’d love to tell you that hey, it’s fall, and it’s getting chilly out, and the TV is really good right now, but let’s face facts: I watch loads of TV all the time. All year ’round, you can count on me to be parked in front of the TV watching shit that’s rotting my brain. K?
Now that we’ve got that cleared up, let’s get right to it and snoop through my DVR. Wanna know a fun fact? I just got DVR for the first time two months ago! When I lived in Baton Rouge, my basic cable (completely basic) bill was $85/month. I refused to pay more, even by a dime, so I skipped out on hi-def, specialty channels, and DVR.
When I moved to Austin, I really wanted to spoil myself, and since my rent is cheaper, and I got a shiny new job, I splurged on my cable package. I use AT&T U-Verse, and not to sell you on it, but when I joined I got three months free of HBO, a six-month new customer discount, and a $100 Visa gift card just for joining!
Even after all the specials are over, I’m left with more than 300 channels, plus the HBO package, and DVR on both my TVs for a little more than $100/month. It’s a great deal (and if you’re considering it, you can use my code here to get deals and an extra $25 gift card) — just saying.
To make things even BETTER, I downloaded the AT&T U-Verse app on my phone, which means I can schedule things to record while I’m not at home, and you can even use your phone as a remote, because… who doesn’t lose the remote from time to time?
Now, I’ve got 160 hours to use on my DVR, so I record everything. Here’s what’s on my DVR right this moment:
- LA Ink — The adventure of Kat Von D and her tattoo shop, High Voltage in Los Angeles. This show used to be on TLC, but now it’s on the Spanish Channel, I think Nuvo. The funny thing about this is that, all the episodes are super old. But it’s still great TV; tattoos, dating, LA… I love it.
- Manzo’d With Children — I whish Caroline Manzo was still a part of the Real Housewives of New Jersey, but she’s not, so this is where we have to see her… not to mention her hot son, Albie.
- Oprah: Where Are They Now? — I am not a fan of Oprah. But this show is pretty cool. It’s celebrities and people in the news that we haven’t heard of for a long time. There’s been Holly Madison, Columbine survivors, Danielle Staub, Tori Spelling, Dave Coulier, among many others. Each episode features 3-4 different people.
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations — I feel like Anthony Bourdain and I are kindred spirits. He’s like this witty foodie who writes/does travel documentaries and analyzes shit until it’s dead. And then analyzes it again. I love it.
- Project Runway — This season just had it’s season finale, but this is a show I’ve never missed, and I don’t plan on missing it anytime soon.
- The Pioneer Woman — Who doesn’t love Ree Drummond and her amazing ranch home… and the fattening food she cooks without a care? Truthfully, I love that her recipes are simple and easy, yet really impressive. Plus, she’s sweet.
- Scream Queens — I’m still not sold on this show, but I had to see what all the fuss was about.
- CSI — One of my favorite shows ever, but I only watch the episodes with Grissom. Period.
- The Real Girl’s Kitchen — Haylie Duff hosts a fun cooking show that features “real” food (not really sure what that means, but I will say there’s lots of celebrity guests and she’s got some pretty nifty kitchen tricks.
- American Sniper — I’ve had this movie recorded for awhile, waiting for the emotional guts to actually watch it.
- Deal or No Deal — I have a love/hate relationship with this show.
- Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close — Again, waiting for that moment to watch this (I read the book and saw it in the theatre, but I just bawled).
- DRONEX: The Hunt for El Chingon — I am a sucker for documentaries and this one sounded too great to pass up, “fearless journalists hunt down and interview the most wanted and dangerous drug lord in Mexico.” YES.
- Vanderpump Rules — Who can resist the drama at Pump and Sur? Not me.
- Apres Ski — This show just started, but it’s pretty good. Skiing vacations of the rich and hot? It’s kind of like “Below Deck” but for the mountains. Sign me up!
- Workaholics — A recent favorite, the loose story of three dude-coworkers who also live together, and do dumb shit. Loves it.
Welp, now that I’ve clearly made my case… what are you watching on TV these days? And yeah, check out AT&T U-Verse if you’re looking to switch carriers!
Posted on November 9, 2015, in Light Pulp and tagged apres ski, apt life, blog, bravo, couch, HBO, Holly A. Phillips, life, love, Scream Queens, single, The Bitter Lemon, the juice, TV, TV junkie. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.