I’m heading to Gulf Shores today, in hopes of reliving one of the best weekends of my life at the Hangout Music Festival! Three days of sand, sun, cocktails, and of course, MUSIC! This year’s headliners are Sam Smith, Zac Brown Band, Beck, Foo Fighters, Skrillex and Diplo, along with many other great bands. I’m amped!
But the thing about a weekend like this is, you’ve really got to get the essentials down. And since I went last year, I knew exactly what kind of supplies I needed to add to my bag. They are:
- Poncho: This year, it’s supposed to rain (let’s hope it doesn’t), but this poncho is small, so it won’t take up any room in my backpack.
- Insect repelling band: I’m allergic to mosquitos, so I’m always packing bug spray. This bracelet will keep the ‘skitos away while I’m dancing in the sand.
- Wisps: You never know when you need a dose of fresh breath (they DO have a wedding chapel at Hangout Fest)!
- Ziplock bags: I packed these mainly for my cell phone just in case it rains, but you never know what else you could use it for.
- USB Charger: This is a super small charger that will give your phone one-hour of talk-time if you get into a bind. Hangout Fest is cool enough to provide charging stations, but you never know!
- Kleenex: For sneezing, napkin use, or porta-potty needs if necessary.
- Glow bracelets: Umm, I need this for all of the night shows!
- All-purpose wipes: For basically everything.
- Feminine wipes: I thought these would be good for the porta-potties, but also just for in general freshening up after sitting in sand and wearing a bathing suit for 12 hours.
- Hand sanitizer: after bathroom and before meals.
- SPF lip balm: burned lips are the worst!
- Band-aids: just in case.
- Q-tips: not really sure, but they’re small and easy to pack.
- Deodorant: Being outdoors in the sun all day, and into the night, might lead to a stinky situation.
- Hair ties: Sweatin’ on my blowout.
- Gum: Again, hot guys.
- Toilet paper: Porta-potties (I’m telling you that’s the worst part of this whole thing).
- Glitter: I need glitter to sprinkle all over myself, because I can, and I want to shimmer all weekend.
Love my list of essentials? I’m actually selling my “Koncert Kit” (because I can spell Koncert with a “K” and I can like it) in my Etsy shop! It comes with everything I’ve listed above, plus it comes in a cute cosmetic bag to store it all in.
Use it for music festivals, fairs, outdoor events, parties, gifts, camping weekends, etc. The kits are customizable, so just let me know what you need and I’ll be happy to pack it for you.
After these crazy weeks of work, I’m so, so excited to spend a weekend of fun and relaxation in the sand with my great friend, Marcy! We are hitting the road (it’s about a 4-hour drive to Gulf Shores) this afternoon, as the first day of the fest is tomorrow. Tonight, we’ll be loading up our coolers in preparation for tomorrow, and we’re definitely hitting up some sushi and karaoke tonight.
Follow my entire weekend on Instagram, SnapChat, and Twitter @OrangeJulius7 — see you there!