What’s in my Makeup Bag?
Posted by thebitterlemon
I have always loved seeing these types of posts in magazines and on beauty blogs, so I thought I’d give it a whirl. I’m not someone who keeps the same thing in my makeup bag every week, as I like to change things up with the seasons, or with my mood. And let’s face it, sometimes I just see something on a shelf (and on sale) that I just cannot wait to try!
- Zebra cosmetic bag: I got this bag as a gift from my friend and sorority sister, Jenna, when I was in her wedding a few years ago. I love anything animal print, so I love cramming all of my favorite things into this bag.
- E.L.F. Blush in Pink Passion: This is one of those items I recently found on the shelf at T.J. Maxx and could not resist. I love the bright pink for summer, and it goes on really light. Before, I was using a liquid blush, which I liked, but often didn’t last throughout the day.
- Covergirl Trublend Liquid Makeup #2/420: I have never been disappointed by a Covergirl product, and this one provides great coverage for under-eye issues and blemishes. I put this on after my moisturizer, give it a minute to dry and then apply powder.
- Physician’s Formula Healthy Wear Bronzer in Fair: Although this is called “Bronzer,” it’s really not dark enough to be considered as one (they sell it in different shades, I use “Fair”). What I love about this powder is that it offers a 50 SPF, so sometimes I wear it with sunscreen as an extra layer of protection.
- Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder: I don’t use this everyday, but if the rest of my body is tan, and my usual makeup is covering that up, then I dust on a little over my forehead and cheekbones. While I’m not against a shimmering bronzer, this has no glitter, no shimmer, and is totally matte.
- Tweezerman tweezers, in pink: I’ve had these for years, and they’re worth the high price. They stay sharp forever, and when they get dull, you can send them back to be sharpened.
- L.A. Colors 3 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Sunflower: I’m not really a fan of the red tone in this palette, but I love using the yellow right under my brow, and the taupe-brown on my lid. I am a huge fan of shimmering shadow, as I think it looks natural, especially in the summer.
- Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner in black: I have always loved liquid eyeliner and this has been my go-to brand for years. It’s inexpensive, and it lasts forever, while providing a straight line — and yes, it can be done without pulling your eyelid!
- Covergirl eyeshadow blending brush: This came with my Covergirl palette listed below, and I absolutely love it for under the brow and blending. It’s not good if you want concentrated color, but that’s what the sponge applicator is for!
- MAC eyeshadow palette: I’ve had this palette for years, and as you can see I’ve used most of the shadows. Unfortunately, most of their names have rubbed off the back, but they were neutral tones, a few mattes and a few shimmers. I keep this around for the black and the brown that remain. I use the brown to fill in my brows, and if I’m going for a smoky-eye look, I use the black to line my lower lashes.
- Total Moisture Facial Cream by Benefit: I’m not picky when it comes to moisturizers, but this one is light, and oddly, I really like the way it smells.
- Victoria’s Secret eye defining brush: I use this for my brows and for powder liner, when needed. It’s a fantastic brush that I’ve had for years, so I’d be pretty lost without it.
- Smashbox Full Exposure mascara in Jet Black: Mascara is my favorite, favorite, favorite item of makeup. If I only had to choose one thing, I’d choose mascara — but I don’t really have a favorite. This one is great, but there are other great ones, too. I really just love to layer, layer, layer. I love thick, long lashes for days. And I usually brush on a little for the lower babies, too.
- Covergirl Exact Eyelights Eye Brightening Shadow Palette in Vivid Greens: Covergirl, and I think Almay, have really gotten off on creating these “looks” to compliment your eye color… well, this palette is supposedly for green eyes and I’ve got blue. The palette for blue eyes included blue and teal shadows, and I’m not into it. So, eat it! I love to use the light purple just under the brow, the shimmer pink in the crease, and the remaining shades on my lid. It’s a perfect, one-stop shop for eyes.
Spread the love:
Posted on July 24, 2014, in The Squeeze and tagged authors, beauty, cosmetic, dating, first date, getting published, heartbreak, Holly A. Phillips, How to Make Lemonade, life, love, makeup, relationships, sex, single, The Bitter Lemon, twenty-something. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.