Happy Friday! As a start to the holiday weekend, I’m so happy to share something special with you guys today — a Q & A with my friend and actress Courtney Clark, who has a role in Jurassic World, which is currently in theaters. Courtney plays the role of “Sarah,” the park announcer who’s now-iconic voice actually kicks of the official trailer (see video below)! Courtney can also be seen in The Lucky One and Beauty & the Briefcase, among other films. But, if you haven’t seen Jurassic World yet — this is the perfect weekend to do it!
1. How did it feel auditioning for and/or finding out you got the role in Jurassic World?
To find out I got the role was beyond me! I was working on another film, MIND PUPPETS, and received a call that we were waiting for final studio approval for JURASSIC WORLD! I was ecstatic to say the least! I have always loved those films! And immediately screamed the awesome news to my family!
2. How was filming this movie different from others you’ve done in the past?
This movie had a lot of new things for me… HUGE studio film and it also was a franchise…and already had a fan following so there was a lot to deliver! But the cast/crew were no different they were just as lovely as anyone could be! 🙂
3. You play Sarah, the Park Announcer. Were there any challenges or difficult scenes you had to overcome?
Luckily a lot of the world in JURASSIC WORLD was really created…so the energy, excitement and visualization were pretty easy!
4. Have you always been a fan of the Jurassic Park movies and/or books? If so, what was it like to see everything up close and, in “real” life?
I have always been a fan! To this day I can’t believe this is my life! So many amazing things I saw while working on this film, the 7 year old in me was/is very much alive!
5. What was something you learned during the filming of this movie?
Big or small project…never feel like you can’t chime in a be a team member! They value your opinion just as you value theirs.
6. What’s coming up next for you — if you can say…
Mind Puppets….a comedic thriller with Kevin Pollack…its going be fun!
7. Without giving any spoilers, what do you think movie-goers will love about Jurassic World?
For adults, going back to their childhood…it takes you right back there.
For children…the magic we all found in the first Jurassic Park.