Wiggin’ out — NOLA style.
A few weekends ago, I joined my friend Liz in New Orleans for a good ‘ole girls’ weekend — cocktails, fine food, street car trips, dancing… and shopping for wigs. One thing I’ll say about Liz is that she’s always fabulous, so any time with her is always a fun one.
Because Liz has lived in New Orleans for a few years now, she decided it was time to get in with the crowd and purchase a wig to wear when she was just, “Feelin’ good.”
Really, looking for wigs, I felt like Kim Zolciak-Biermann, and then I just wished for a guy like Kroy.
Anyway, let’s focus on the issue at hand: how does one find the perfect wig? Here are some tips I found from The Wig Experts:
- Cut: Consider the length (short, mid-length, long), the texture (straight, curly & wavy), and the hairstyle (bob, pixies & boy cut, layered, bangs, without bangs).
- Capsize: The average wig size fits most people and measures 22-inches around, but measure your head from the front hairline, behind the ear, to the nape of your neck, and back around. This will ensure the best fit.
- Composition: Do you want human hair or synthetic hair? There’s pros and cons to either choice, and The Wig Experts have a nice little chart that weighs the options.
- Color: This is the fun part, right? Now The Wig Experts are pretty serious about wigs, and they suggest choosing a color that’s close to your natural tone for the easiest transition. But, coming from someone who colors her hair, I say, pick something new, something you love, something fresh! Go for it!
Facial shape is also something you should consider when buying a wig, as it will help you pick a cut and possibly even the right length.
- Diamond = Bobs, styles that can be tucked behind the ears, shoulder-length
- Heart = Bangs, fringe, long, multiple layers
- Oval = Any style!
- Round = Long-layered styles, off-center part, short hair with high volume
- Pear = Angled fringe, bangs, short, cropped styles
- Square = Feathers, wispy bangs
- Oblong = Shoulder-length, waves, curls, lots of layers
Alright, now onto the wigs! When I searched online for some wigs I loved, I found a TON that I really liked — so my apologies for all the choices. I’m open to different colors, since I really don’t know when or where I’d sport a wig, but all of the ones I found were very inexpensive. I have always dreamed of having super long hair, so I was automatically drawn to the lengthier ones.
Let me know which ones you love!
Posted on October 16, 2014, in Light Pulp and tagged beauty, costume, dating, drinking, fetish, first date, hair, Holly A. Phillips, How to Make Lemonade, life, New Orleans, NOLA, relationships, sex, The Bitter Lemon, twenty-something, wigs. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.