Pic of the week.
Saturday night, my friend was celebrating a birthday and rented a driver and a bus to tote 20 of his friends around to the finest bars in Baton Rouge (read: The Cadillac).
We all planned to wear as much black clothing as possible to “mourn” his 40th birthday. And so, I couldn’t think of a better excuse to wear my sparkly shorts, along with a few other fun things.
What you see:
- One of my favorite clutches, metallic green and black zebra print (TJ Maxx, Similar here)
- My “Party Time” watch tattoo from Tattly
- Gold sequined shorts (Forever 21, Similar here)
- Glitter topcoat (Forever 21, Similar here)
- Sephora’s red lipstick
- Walking on Eggshells palette by Wet N Wild
- The Key perfume by Justin Bieber
- Smashbox Full Exposure mascara
- Black tights (Forever 21)
I wore my sequined shorts with a sheer black top, that was beaded and sequined (double sequins!) plus a plain black blazer, and gold accessories.
While my outfit wasn’t warm on that chilly night, I sure had fun wearing it! I actually woke up the next morning still wearing it, as I was face down in my bed, as if I’d walked in the front door and fell right into bed.
A true sign of a good night.
Posted on January 21, 2014, in The Squeeze and tagged beauty, dating, drinking, fashion, Holly A. Phillips, How to Make Lemonade, sequins, single, sparkles, The Bitter Lemon, twenty-something, writing. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.