The following post contains affiliate links, which sends me a small percentage of any sales at no cost to you.
I have been on quite a journey with my physical health and fitness, as I’m sure we all have.
Before the pandemic, I was feeling so fit as a result of eating healthy and attending either a yoga class or barre almost daily!
Once lockdown hit, I attended virtual classes for many months, but it eventually didn’t have the same effects. So I started walking around my apartment complex… but I quickly realized I have to take many, many laps to get a good amount of steps in, and it started to get boring.
I started finding reasons not to walk — I was paranoid about something happening or how my neighbors looked at me as I walked.
And honestly, my day-to-day life has been sedentary since then. I was getting about 1,000-2,000 steps per shift at my retail job, but I know that wasn’t enough.
So, I asked for a walking pad for Christmas. I hadn’t looked much into them when I asked, I just knew I wanted to be able to walk inside on-demand. I live in a small apartment, so it needed to be quiet and easy to move.
Other than that, I left it up to her.
She got me the REDLIRO Under Desk Treadmill 2 in 1 Walking Machine!
Here’s the scoop:
- Quiet High Motor and Shock Absorb System. This has a 2.25HP motor with a shock-absorbing running belt which helps reduce the noise and improve stability while running.
- 2-In-1 foldable treadmill. It has a run area size is 41inch X 15inch. There’s also a handrail that you can raise or lower to the floor. After you fold the handrail up, it can be placed under a standing desk and used as an Under desk treadmill to walk and jog while you are working.
- Easy to Assemble and Space Save. The Redliro Portable Folding treadmill is designed to be sturdy and slim, so the flat treadmill can be used in a small space. There are wheels on the front to help you move anywhere with ease, and the ultra-thin size saves your limited space.
- 12 Preset Programs & Manual Modes. Each program simulates the real motion of the selected scene; it will change speed every 1.5 minutes. Using the manual standby mode, you can adjust the speed/distance/time/Calories by the remote control to meet your personal need.
- Multi-function Display with Remote Control. The LED display on the Under desk treadmill clearly shows time, calories, steps, speed, and distance, keeping your movement data at a glance. And when you are using the treadmill without the handrail, the remote control also can adjust your mode easily.
When I asked for the walking pad, I didn’t even know it was an option to have a handrail, but I use it all the time. I didn’t think I would want to use it as an under-the-desk treadmill, but it’s nice to have the option.
I put the treadmill right in front of my TV, which is also next to a large window. This way, I can watch my favorite shows while I watch, and if the weather is nice, I can pretend I’m outside — ha!
During our last freeze, I was laughing at myself while I was walking on it (I was all bundled up because of my drafty apartment), but proud of myself for getting my steps in on a day that I wouldn’t have been able to if i didn’t have the treadmill.
When the treadmill arrived, it felt so heavy in the box. However, there’s very little assembly (you just have to attach the rail), and the wheels make it very easy to move!
I can speak on how quiet this treadmill is. I was so worried about bothering my neighbors, but this is quiet, and I put an old yoga mat underneath it to help absorb any noise.
When I’m using the treadmill, I keep the handrail up. There are buttons to control the speed and display on the rail, so you don’t have to use the remote. There’s also a holder on the rail that fits my iPad and phone, so I’ve definitely watched shows or listened to podcasts that way, too!
I admittedly have not tried any of the pre-programmed modes yet, but I love just being able to jump on whenever I can. Sometimes I get on it while I talk on the phone or want to watch a show, and sometimes it’s just 10 minutes while my pasta boils 🙂
I absolutely LOVE this walking pad, and am so thankful for its versatility. I know I’ll be using it for years to come.
Have you thought about getting one?
This review is not sponsored — nor are any of the reviews on this blog. I am a beauty and skincare junkie and enjoy sharing the products I love right here! For more reviews and similar posts, please subscribe to the blog by clicking subscribe on the right side of your screen. Cheers!