The following post contains affiliate links, which sends me a small percentage of any sales at no cost to you.
Life in quarantine has really has its ups and downs. At first, I was doing really great at maintaining a very similar routine to life pre-COVID (come baaaaaack).
Then I realized that I really didn’t need to wear makeup for Zoom calls. So, I started spending more time on my skincare routine. I was doing ALL the steps and feeling so great that I was going to come out of the Q with glowing skin.
And then, the lockdown went on, and on, and on… and you know how this story ends (it hasn’t). Well, about a month ago, I realized that I was struggling to even do a basic skincare routine.
I was washing my face maybe once a day and I was lucky if I slapped on a toner or a moisturizer. It’s the ugly truth! I actually told a few of my friends this, and several agreed they were having the same troubles. One friend admitted to buying an entirely new set of skincare products in order to help motivate her to get into a solid skincare routine.
And the thing is, it was obvious I wasn’t taking care of my skin.
So, I decided to get back at it. As a skincare and beauty junkie, how was I going to try all the new products I’dd been buying? Yeah, that’s right, I haven’t stopped buying alllll the things and anyone that walks into my bathroom can tell.
I made a vow to get back to a good skincare routine — morning and night — not only to try my new products, but also to get my skin back to looking great and help myself feel a little bit better.
After about a month of being back in a routine, I can say, it’s working and I’m actually really enjoying it! If you’re curious about the products I’m currently using, I’ll list them at the end of this post.
But one thing I’ve added into my routine is the Elemis Superfood Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator. I have tried so many different exfoliators — from the super harsh to barely there — and I’d say this one falls smack in the middle, which makes it great for regular use.
If you’re curious, here’s the exfoliators I like on the scale of scrubbing…
- Barely there: Bliss Jelly Glow Peel or Peter Thomas Roth FirmX Peeling Gel
- Middle: Elemis Superfood Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator or Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash
- Harsh: ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment or Kiehl’s Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser
- Super harsh: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or Bliss Micro Magic
There are two things I really like about this exfoliator: 1. That it uses sustainably-sourced ingredients, and 2. That it has several ingredients to nourish my skin and lock in moisture including blackcurrant, grape seed oil, and black seed oil. It doesn’t leave your skin feeling tight or stripped.
I wasn’t sure about the “jelly” portion of this exfoliator, but that’s one of the unique things about it! The jelly portion feels nourishing and provides a good contrast to the bits of blackcurrant that do the scrubbing.
I’d definitely recommend this exfoliator if you’re looking for something that’s gentle enough to use daily and will keep your skin smooth and nourished.
Have you used any of Elemis’ other products?
Here’s what I currently use each morning:
- Philosophy Purity Cleanser with a Clarisonic
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner
- Patchology FlashPatch Rejuvenating Eye Gels
- BareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion
- Boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer
And what I’m currently using at night:
- Lancome Lait Galatee Confort to remove makeup (although this happens maybe once a month)
- Elemis Superfood Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator
- Lanolips Aussie Flyer Recovery Mask or Kiehl’s Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque
- Vanity Planet Facial Steamer
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Toner
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
- Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream
This beauty review is not sponsored — nor are any of the reviews on this blog. I am a beauty and skincare junkie and enjoy sharing the products I love right here! For more reviews and similar posts, please subscribe to the blog by clicking subscribe on the right side of your screen. Cheers!