I’m not necessarily a fan of “Year in Review”-type things, but man, I feel like 2015 was pretty CRAZY for me! Looking back at all of my ‘Pic of the Week’ photos, I recall, that not only did I move a solid 7 hours away to a new city, get a new job/career, and a new apartment, I also flipped the script when I got an iPhone (still miss my Blackberry at times, won’t lie), I made a Halloween costume, went to Hangout Fest, traveled to Kansas City, rocked gold sequined pants, made my own Valentines, got hooked on protein shakes and House of Cards, and survived an Escape Room, among other things. It was really a fantastic year!
WordPress, my blog platform, also sends us stats at the end of every year, and this year’s stats got me feeling pretty good. In short:
- This blog was viewed 30,000 times in 2015 (up from 21,000 times in 2014), from 114 countries
- Top posts of the year were:
- 1 The heart at home. (February 2015) – My post about a Columbus North High School senior whose brave battle made me realize just how great my Indiana hometown is.
- 2 Pic of the Week. (September 2015) – The end of my 10-month search for a job, an emotional post on my first day of work (password: finally).
- 3 Baring it all, in business? (March 2015) – How a sext-message haunts me, 10 years later.
- 4 Me & my bullshit, part two. (April 2015) – The daily struggle of being a creative in a corporate world.
- 5 Dads ‘n Daughters. (June 2015) – The crumbling relationship with my father.
I want to sincerely thank you all for reading The Bitter Lemon in 2015. I’m so happy with the places this blog has taken me, and I know we’re not at the end of the road here. I’ve got tons of fun things planned for 2016 and I’m so excited to share them with you all, right here!