Helloooo out there, from the world of boxes, packing, and all things moving-related! I’ve been packing and organizing and cleaning whenever I get the chance in order to wrap things up as fast as possible. It’s no secret that moving is a huge task, but it’s one of those necessary evils in life.
As I’m packing, I’m getting rid of a TON of stuff! It’s a good feeling to let go of physical baggage or just that stuff that’s not useful anymore. For the longest time, I’ve had a stack (okay three stacks) of t-shirts on my closet shelf that really just collect dust.
For the longest time, I’ve been saying I’ll go through them, I’ll do something cool with them, blah blah blah. But I really did it! I sorted through my shirts and found around 25 shirts that I don’t wear, but have such great memories attached to them.
So, I paid to have them made into a quilt! I am so, SO excited about this! I cannot think of a better way to make use of my old shirts, then to preserve them, blanket-style, for me to enjoy while I’m binge-watching House of Cards in my new apartment. AMIRIGHT?
I chose Project Repat to make my quilt. Not only do their T-shirt quilts look fantastic (and contain a fleece-backing), but Project Repat is working to bring textile jobs back to the United States. Not to mention the fleece they use is made from recycled plastic bottles. Perfection!
All I did was choose the size of the panels/quilt squares I wanted, the size of the blanket (I got a Full size/5’x6′), and the color of the fleece (gray). Then, I chose my shirts, and just have to send them off! My custom quilt will arrive in 2-3 weeks.
So, what shirts did I choose for my quilt? Here’s a quick description of my shirts in the above picture; from left to right, typewriter style.
- Phi Delt Homecoming @ LSU (Phi Delt is my favorite frat!)
- Abercrombie & Fitch shirt to commemorate my years of work there and my everlasting love for it
- Back of a high school newspaper staff shirt (2003)
- High school dance team t-shirt from ’03
- First LSU shirt I ever bought; before I was even a student
- LSU shirt from my job there
- Dance team t-shirt from ’02
- Chasing Daylight shirt from Red Dress Run
- Various LSU tee
- Uncorked BR — the best event in town
- Back of dance team tee ’02
- A dedication to my love for the sexiest skateboarder alive: Ryan Sheckler
- Back of Phi Delt tee: the IMMORTAL six pack
- Newspaper staff tee ’02
- Custom tee to represent my single life forever 😉
- “Kiss my class” journalism tee ’03
- LSU Campaign that I worked on
- John Mayer tee
- Berkelee tee. Because… John Mayer.
- Back of dance team tee ’03
- Race for the Cure 2012 (there were pink margaritas)
- Back of single life tee
- Tailgate team tee
- Custom Meriwether tee
- Bridesmaid shirt. Always a bridesmaid… 😉
- Various LSU tee
- Love Purple Live Gold campaign tee
- Front of custom Meriwether tee
- LSU/UCLA Final Four tee ’06
- LSU Fall Fest tee
It IS LSU heavy, but hey, when in Baton Rouge… I’m actually happy with the range of colors and graphics for my quilt, and I’m thrilled at all of the fun memories it will bring when I curl up in it. And just in case you’re not sure who Meriwether is: