The holidays are in full swing, but… I keep seeing bloggers and stores share outfit ideas for parties and family gatherings, and well, we are in a pandemic. I know some people are out here acting like it’s 2019, but it’s not.
I haven’t been wearing much makeup, and I certainly haven’t been wearing sequined outfits while sitting at home by myself, so… the only thing I can thing of that’s festive, but still in-touch with reality is the holiday lip.
Why? Because you can swipe it on before your next Zoom holiday party or happy hour!
I know red is the traditional holiday lip color, but after some digging through my own collection, I’ve decided there’s a few different avenues you can take this.
Here are the option:
Of course, if you’ve got red lipstick that you love, go for it. I think red can be tricky because the right one depends on your skin tone, and even your teeth (you don’t want a shade that makes them look yellow).
For the holidays, I prefer a nice, Santa-shade of red, but that’s not going to work for everyone. Here’s the shades I have in my collection:
- Morphe Lip Crayon in “THX” (similar linked here)
- The Beauty Crop Liquid Lipstick in “Imma Browse” (similar linked here)
- Bliss Long Glossed Stain in “Ready for S’more” (linked here)
I love plum shades for winter and the holidays! These look great on a variety of skin tones and I feel like they’re so different than what people usually go for. This would look great with any holiday look. Here are the shades I have:
- Love of Color Matte Lipstick in “Glam Life” (linked similar)
- Stila Liquid Lipstick in “Paradiso” (linked similar)
I’ve seen people wear bright pink clothes during the holidays, but this year, I’ve been seeing it more and more and I think it would be cute on the lips! This would look great if you were wearing a red top but don’t have the exact same red lipstick… go for a bright, hot pink. Here’s the shades I have:
- Lipstick Queen in “Bad Boy” (linked here)
- Stila Liquid Lipstick in “Bella”
Shimmer & Shine
If you’re anything like me, you’ve got a stash of shimmer glosses to last a lifetime. Now’s the time to bust them out. Use these to top a matte lipstick or wear alone for a subtle look. Here’s what I’ve got:
- Tarte Lipgloss in “Twinkle”
- Morphe Lipgloss in “Sunnies”
- Covergirl Metallic Lipstick in “Getaway” (linked)
Nude, but Bolder
If you can’t escape a nude lip, I say do it… but just go a few shades darker than usual. But, sometimes you need a nude lip to highlight a smokey eye or focus on a shimmery top. Of course, the right nude shade will be a little bit different for everyone, depending on their skin and lip color. Here’s what I’ve got:
- OFRA Liquid Lipstick in”Aspen” (similar linked)
- Kylie High Gloss in “Snatched”
- KAB Cosmetics lippies in “Cinnamon Matte” and “Cinnamon Cream”
What are some of your favorite lip colors for the holidays?
This beauty post is not sponsored — nor are any of the post on this blog. I am a beauty and skincare junkie and enjoy sharing the products I love right here! For more reviews and similar posts, please subscribe to the blog by clicking subscribe on the right side of your screen. Cheers!