During one of my raids at Five Below (I love going there and looking at every single thing), I came across a book called “Make Yourself Cozy” by Katie Vaz.
It’s a cute book that I have on my coffee table now, but it has some easy tips for coziness that will help with self care. Really, the book focuses on staying in the present and enjoying the feel of things: a soft blanket, a warm pet, a fuzzy robe, etc.
I know we’re headed into a holiday week that is likely different than other years. So why not share some cozy tips from the book?
- Set up a cozy nook in your house. Think: soft lighting, comfy chair, soft blanket, place for snacks and drinks.
- Make something warm to drink: hot chocolate, apple cider, tea, mulled wine…
- Spend a few minutes massaging your hands and/or your feet with your favorite scented lotion.
- Find a book to escape into and read it in your favorite spot in your house.
- Make a homemade card for a friend and mail it to them.
- Indulge in your guilty-pleasure TV show.
- Have breakfast for dinner.
- Create a bucket list for each season.
- Paint your nails in a color that makes you feel good.
- Wash all of your sheets and make your bed.
I love these tips! The book also has several places to write in it; to make lists and write down ideas.
There’s also another book called “The Year of Cozy” which has more detailed recipes and ideas for crafts — might need to get this one.
If you’re spending the holiday alone (like I am) or are with people but still need time to yourself, maybe try one of the ideas on this list!
I hope you all are enjoying your weekend 🙂
To see more writing from me, be sure to subscribe to The Bitter Lemon by clicking “subscribe” on the right side of your screen. Want even more? Subscribe to my newsletter to get roundups, book recs and lifestyle tips.